The Conference will be held in Villa Mondragone Conference Center.
Villa Mondragone is one of the most beautiful of the many splendid Tuscolum villas.
Built in 1573 by Cardinal Marco Sittico Altemps, on the suggestion of Pope Gregory XIII,
it lies on the ruins of a roman villa, the villa Quintili. Through the years of its long history,
Villa Mondragone has held many important cultural events, one being when Pope Gregory XIII
signed the Papal bull, Inter gravissima, on February 24, 1582 for the reform of the Gregorian
calendar which we still use today.
The villa was bought in 1613 by Cardinal Scipione Borghese, grandson of Pope Paul V, and
subsequently enlarged and made more beautiful by the Flemish architect Jan van Santen,
who enhanced it with a grand quadrangular courtyard replicating the French residence model
The entire monumental complex, with a vast surrounding park, was bought by the University
of Rome, Tor Vergata in 1981. Substantial restoration was performed on it, and currently
the Villa is the seat of prestigeous national and international conventions organized by
the Villa Mondragone Conference Center.
How to reach us
From Fiumicino airport:
From Ciampino airport:
- a fast train to Termini railway station (departures every 30 minutes, first departure at 07:37, last departure at 22:37, the trip lasts 32 minutes), ticket 8,77 €, and then continue from Termini (see below) a taxi.
- the taxi should cost around 62,00/72,00 € - 55/65 $, see below the instructions on the best way to do it.
From Termini railway station:
- a bus. There is a blue COTRAL bus (only one line) to Anagnina underground terminal. The bus leaves every 20 minutes or so and stops at Ciampino railways station and at Anagnina underground terminal. The ticket is on sale at the newspaper kiosk in the airport. Then you continue from Anagnina (see below)
- a taxi. The taxi should cost around 41,00/51,00 € - 35/45 $, see below the instructions on the best way to do it.
Note: there are other few buses going from Anagnina to Rocca Priora via Grottaferrata but these are not suitable.
- take the underground "A" to the final stop Anagnina (ticket 0,77 €) and then continue from Anagnina (see below).
- from ANAGNINA underground "A" final stop catch a blue COTRAL bus direction Rocca Priora (bus-shelter n.° 6) to Monteporzio Catone, ticket 1,00 €, and get off at the Villa Vecchia Hotel bus stop (it should be the third one after Frascati town, and in any case you should ask the driver).
By car or taxi:
- from highway A1 Milano - Napoli or from highway A24 Roma - L'Aquila/Pescara: follow direction Roma Sud, exit Monte Porzio Catone, then follow signs to Villa Mondragone and Hotel Villa Vecchia.
From downtown Rome:
take the G.R.A. (Grande Raccordo Anulare, the ring highway around Rome) to the highway A1 Roma - Napoli, then exit Monte Porzio Catone. Follow signs to Villa Mondragone and Hotel Villa Vecchia.
Local organising committee
L2MP - CNRS
Franck Bassani, Isabelle Berbezier, Luc Favre, Cathy Paitel, Evelyne Santacroce
University of Rome Tor Vergata
Paola Castrucci, Maurizio De Crescenzi,
Ivan Davoli, Fulvia Patella, Manuela Scarselli, Anna Sgarlata, Francesca Tombolini, Claudia Scilletta
University of Rome La Sapienza
Alice Boccia, Valeria Lanzilotto, Andrea G. Marrani,